A Mile in These Shoes
Dr. Omofolabo-Ajayi, Professor Emeritus in Theatre and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, created a new award in Spring 2015: "A Mile In These Shoes."
WGSS staff will accept submissions and present these to Dr. Ajayi. Dr. Ajayi will decide who will be chosen each spring semester.
At the end of each spring semester, the chosen student will be recognized at the annual WGSS Banquet for their outstanding work at KU, and presented with a check for $100.00.
Criteria for this award
- Must be a WGSS major or Human Sexuality major.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Must identify as a minority student: African immigrant, African American, Native American or Hispanic.
- Essay submission: 3-8 pages of a short essay or creative piece on "A Mile in These Shoes."
- Or, Poetry submission: 1-3 pages of prose, also providing information that inspires the poem.
- This award is gender neutral.
- Submission deadline: Friday, April 20, 2018, 4:30 pm to WGSS Department, Attn.: Jan Emerson (email@example.com), 318 Blake Hall.
- A cover letter that includes name, address, phone, e-mail and evening phone must also be submitted.