There are other courses that may count towards the Social Science Core & Elective, Humanities Core & Elective and Theory options.
You are encouraged to call Undergraduate Services in 109 Strong, 864-3500, and request to meet with the WGSS Undergraduate Advising Specialist as early as possible.
One general survey course on human sexuality (3 hours).
- HSES 489—Health and Human Sexuality*
- SW 303—Human Sexuality in Everyday Life
- PSYC 502—Human Sexuality*
WGSS 301: Research Methods in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies (3)
Three core courses (9 hours): This category includes courses with a primary focus on sexuality. Students should take at least one Humanities course and at least one Social or Biological Science course.
One additional General or Core Courses (see above) or Secondary or Research/Service courses (below) (3 hours).
Secondary Courses (Courses with some sexuality-related content)
- AAAS 554—Contemporary Health Issues in Africa
- ABSC 268—Introduction to Marriage and Family Relations
- ABSC/PSYC 626—Psychology of Adolescence*
- AMS 344/WGSS 396—African Amer Women: Colonial Era to the Present
- ANTH 389/WGSS 389—Anthropology of Gender: Female, Male & Beyond
- COMS 344—Relational Communication
- COMS 440—Gender and Communication
- COMS 455/REL 475—Loving Relationships
- COMS 552—Rhetoric of Women's Rights
- HIST 324/WGSS 324—History of Women and the Body
- PHIL 674—Philosophy of Law
- POLS 600/WGSS 600—Contemporary Feminist Political Theory
- PSYC 465—Stereotypes & Prejudice Across Cultures
- PSYC/WGSS 468—Psychology of Women
- PSYC 642—Psychology of Families*
- SOC 220—Sociology of Families*
- SOC 617—Women and Health Care
- SOC 628—Sociology of Family
- WGSS 333—Politics of Physical Appearance
- Relevant special Secondary topics courses, including the following:
- ENGL 203—Topics in: Lit of Love and Marriage
- PSYC 690—Seminar: Advanced Marriage & Family Study
Research or Service Courses, by Petition (if relevant to sexuality)
- Independent Study (e.g., PSYC 480, WGSS 498)
- Service Learning (e.g., WGSS 650 Service Learning in Women's Studies)
- Honors Thesis/Senior Essay/Honors Essay (e.g., WGSS 499 Honors in WGSS)